EU Automation Engineer - Factory of The Future
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or the grilles on the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To learn more, visit our website at https://www.guardian.com
Guardian Industries is seeking you to become our next EU Automation Engineer of Factory of the Future.
This position would be ideally located close to Bilbao / Llodio or Tudela (Spain).
What You Will Do In Your Role
Belonging to Factory of the Future, you will support Europe Guardian plants with the implementation of disruptive initiatives based on new technologies and contribute to an operational transformation of our processes within Industry 4.0.
- Development and execution of disruptive projects to transform operations across Europe Region.
- Set up the automation of a manufacturing process, making it as efficient as possible and adhering to internal protocols and external regulations
- Identify processes that need to be automated
- Leverage technology to automate processes
- Manage all aspects related to assigned projects and ensure they are executed with effective scope/cost/schedule control.
- Perform contractor analyses and selection, contract and contractor management as required
- Assure projects and on-site activities are executed in full respect of safety rules.
- Evaluate and prototype with early stage technology sourced from the external market
- IoT technology implementation on the different lines and devices. Make possible data exchange and connection among different types of equipment by using ethernet and industrial communication nets
- Simulate, Install, test and manage mechanical automation and finally monitories it on an ongoing basis.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering such as Mechanical or Electrical Engineer (preference in Mechanical)
- Demonstrated knowledge of automation engineering (Robotic, Cobox…), information systems and process control
- Master’s degreed in fields related to Industry 4.0 (New technologies) is a plus.
- Experience with automation programming environment (PLCs, SCADAS...)
- Experience in design/drafting tools (AutoCAD…)
- Configuring and designing HMI and ITOT System
- Experience and skills in troubleshooting control system issues
- Familiar with Industry Standards UL and CE
- Knowledge and experience in IIoT and industry communication protocols (PROFINET, MODBUS, ETHERNET/IP, etc), cloud computing and big data solutions are valued
- Fluent in English and Spanish
What Will Put You Ahead
- A forward thinker
- Ability to collaborate with automation suppliers and integrators
- Strong Communication skills
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.