Chief Technologist, Digital Factory
The Chief Digital Factory Technologist will formulate and guide the IT strategy and long-term goals of Molex's global factories, including proposing new IT directions, planning, and development/deployment recommendations to enhance customer satisfaction, IT operation efficiency, and bring transparent to business/technology leadership
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop Digital factory technology roadmap and support implementation plan
- Contribute to the development of various technology offerings, partner with business and practice thought leadership, and body of knowledge
- Coach and develop team members
- Cooperate with executives and management to formulate long-term strategic goals for digital factory operations.
- Identify and review technology trends; analyze this information and apply it to the development of strategies for individual digital solution segments.
- Monitor the deployment status of solutions, technology and development trends, and management activities in the company's current solution areas.
- Participate and/or champion digital technology pilot; make, recommend, and implement adjustments and modifications based on the results.
- Cooperate with business leadership and front-line managers to develop business IT plans that can reduce costs and increase efficiency; regularly evaluate these plans.
- Work with third party venders for potential collaboration or cooperation.
- Perform other related responsibilities assigned.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or above in technology related fields
- 10+ years of strategy consulting experience at a top-tier strategy consulting firm. 4+ years are required for a senior-level role.
- 5+ years of experience in at least 2 of these areas:
- Digital Strategy
- IT Value Strategy
- Technology Innovation and Ecosystems
- IT Operating Model
- Enterprise Architecture
- AI Strategy
- 5+ years of experience improving the business value leveraging technology
- 5+ years of experience writing business cases (quantitative and qualitative) to support strategic business initiatives, process improvement initiatives, or IT transformation
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Agile strategy & Transformation
- Agile operating model
- Lean Software Development Lifecycle
- DevOps design and CI/CO implementation experience
- Broad, diverse experience and knowledge of major technologies (legacy to emerging).
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Have a thorough understanding of business management, management and business forecasting strategies and technologies. Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2+ years of experience in team management
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills