Class A Truck Driver
CHEMICAL TANK TRUCK DRIVER – COLUMBUS, OH
Georgia-Pacific Chemicals, LLC is a global performance chemicals manufacturer and marketer. The product portfolio covers specialty and basic chemicals, which are often custom formulated, and used in a wide variety of building products applications. Georgia-Pacific Chemicals creates long-term value by providing superior service and focused innovation to safely deliver chemical-based solutions. To learn more about Georgia Pacific's Chemical division please visit: www.gp-chemicals.com
Do you exhibit a commitment to safety and want to work for one of the safest carriers in the nation? If so, learn more about our open position in Columbus, Ohio! Our Georgia-Pacific Chemical facility in Columbus, OH has an opening for a Chemical Tank Truck Driver. This position creates value by ensuring products are delivered safely, efficiently and on-time. We offer a competitive salary as well as an attractive benefits package.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Driving a tanker to designated location using designated routes
- Delivering product safely by understanding and following SOP’s
- Maintain professional appearance of both yourself and the equipment
- Demonstrating initiative, problem solving skills and attention to detail in all assigned tasks
- Adhering to all rules and regulations of both Georgia-Pacific and DOT to safely operate company cargo tank vehicles
- Maintain a clean driving record while providing exceptional customer focus to both internal and external customers.
- Safely loading and off-loading chemical products
Keeps Logistics Team informed of any potential customer issues, complaints, spills, leaks, incidents, accidents or injuries or vehicle problems
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 23 years of age
- Understand DOT regulations for CDL drivers
- Two years Cargo Tank Trailer Experience Needed
- Minimum of two (2) years verifiable commercial driving experience
- Current Class A commercial driver’s license
- Must have all required DOT certifications
- No more than one (1) chargeable or preventable motor vehicle accident within the year preceding the date of application
- No more than one (1) violation of motor vehicle laws (other than violations involving parking only) within the year preceding the date of application
- Willing and able to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
- Willing and able to work according to DOT driver regulations which can include, variable start times, weekends, and holidays
- Willing and able to follow facial hair guidelines for respirator usage (clean shaven)
-Valid DOT Medical Card
What Will Put You Ahead
- Prior Supervisory experience
- Experience with ELD
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf