Sr. Cloud Architect
KBX Logistics is seeking a Sr. Cloud Architect to join their growing Cloud Native team. This individual will provide technical and strategic leadership for building and advancing our Cloud Native Platform Services. This role will also have a strong influence on the architectural direction for CI/CD pipelines, security and identity management, and our vision to “automate everything”. They will focus on evaluating and integrating cutting edge technologies through partnerships with our vendors and use of relevant open source technologies. They will collaborate with the KBXL Digital Strategy team to establish the strategic application and data foundation to manage the entire lifecycle of our enterprise technical capabilities and information.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Evangelize microservice-based applications architecture using containerized applications; previous experience strategizing and executing on-prem to cloud transformation for large-scale applications is valuable
- Advance the Cloud Native Platform Engineering practice – monitoring/alerting, auto-scaling, security, and system stability and resiliency
- Support a “security first” advocacy and encourage platform solutions that enable the microservice product teams to “shift left” with vulnerability identification and resolution
- Stay current on industry trends; innovate through research, proof of concepts, and demos
- Collaborate and partner with the Cloud Native Platform team to ensure knowledge and expertise is shared & developed
- Enable frameworks to ensure compliance adherence with applicable security and privacy standards and regulations
- Participates in the recruitment of team members both employees and contractor
- Training and mentoring peers and leadership
- Ensure KBXL technology policies, standards, and processes are designed in a way that align with the KBXL vision
The Experience You Will Bring
- 10 years of experience architecting, deploying, and supporting applications and/or solutions in a modern and distributed environment
- 3+ years of experience working in a public cloud operating model, i.e. best practices, security implications, etc.
- Experience architecting, designing, and deploying solutions on AWS platform
- Experience designing and building high performance systems with scalability, availability, fault-tolerance, monitoring, and serviceability
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code
- Experience adapting the vision, strategy, and prioritization presented by Stakeholders, Product Owners, and Teams into technical execution
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience architecting, designing, and deploying solutions on Google or Azure platform
- Experience working in a large, enterprise organization
- Experience with various Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) (e.g. Azure DevOps, Jenkins), Source Code Repositories (Git, BitBucket, etc.) and configuration management tools (e.g. Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible), technologies and best practices
- In-depth knowledge of virtualization, containers, service-mesh, and enterprise networking
- Ability to lead, mentor, and communicate technical recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf