Area HR Generalist
Georgia Pacific has an opportunity for an HR Generalist to work in partnership with supervisors and employees within our Corrugated division. This role will be part of the team who serves seven sheet feeder plants, one coating operation and one mailer facility with the expectation to flow to the work as needed to assist other Koch businesses.
This position will be key in moving us along in our HR transformation journey. While learning the business, your contribution will be at an HR generalist level for your first year to year-and-a-half. As our model transforms, your contribution will shift to a full HR business partner role helping our employees and supervisors create value in our MBM® culture through transformation and self-actualization.
The selected individual for this position will have some flexibility regarding their home location with preference for them to live in close proximity near a major airport for ease of travel. The position is considered home based with frequent travel to plants.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Building Our Culture & Business Partnerships
- Build credibility and trust with the workforce and leaders.
- Ability to influence others without authority.
- Understand and apply MBM® to coach employees and supervisors.
- Apply judgement based on knowledge and discernment.
- Develop business acumen to understand key drivers of business performance and support delivering results.
- Drive innovation in HR functions and processes. Support transformation efforts.
- Investigating questions and/or complaints; resolving employee relations issues and using each complaint/issue as an opportunity to understand the true root cause and develop a plan to resolve.
- Advancing Our Talent Position
- Partner with various capability teams and staffing agencies to improve our talent position
- Own hourly staffing: forecasting, staffing plan execution, onboarding effectiveness, and maintain electronic employee files
- Support performance management and Supervisor development
- Drive Process Excellence
- Identify HR Compliance risks and develop gap closure plans to address risks while implementing a systematic approach to maintaining compliance.
- Optimize risk to the company by effectively interpreting current policies and practices while identifying opportunities to drive standardization and eliminate waste.
- Work with a platform mindset to build processes that are repeatable across plants and allows for remote support.
- Deliver on Business Objectives
- Creating solutions that support/enable teams to deliver on business objectives.
- Thrives in a fast pace changing environment while meeting internal and external customer needs.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to engage with operations and leadership team members.
- Self-motivated to embrace/define/drive continuous improvement in how you and the HR team serves the business.
- Results oriented person with excellent communication skills, initiative and personal accountability.
- Ability to challenge leaders, confident and well-versed in moving the facility along with the company's vision.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 2 years of either HR experience, Training & Development, or manufacturing supervision experience. Consideration will also be given to participants in the GP HRA Program.
- Experience with supporting business and company changes.
- Willing to travel up to 50%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- For external candidates, living in the state of New York with close proximity to an airport.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf