Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician
Georgia-Pacific is now hiring a Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician for the Emporia, VA facility. The Multi-Craft Maintenance technician role is an experienced skilled crafts position that will create value by maintain and improving machine reliability and uptime by performing important electrical and mechanical duties on all plywood manufacturing equipment. The Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician position supports the long-term quality, production, and safety standards of the organization.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshoot, install, align, dismantle, repair and maintain industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and up-time
- Help meet or excel production efficiency and quality goals through a quality maintenance program.
- Troubleshooting electrical systems that use 480-volt, 3 phase power, as well as lower voltages
- Diagnosing problems with 3 phase electric motors and motor starters that operate in these electrical systems.
- Working with Relay Logic control circuits and able to safely troubleshoot these types of circuits using Ladder Logic Diagrams, schematics, Piping/Instrumentation diagrams, Electrical instrumentation, and meters
- Using knowledge of National Electric Code and compliance to the code
- Work quickly and efficiently with good hand dexterity
- Ability to proficiently use basic hand tools.
- Possessing reading comprehension skills with ability to understand and carry out complex written instructions.
- Possessing good handwriting skills with the ability to write logically, having the ability to accurately convey an understandable written message or statement
- Using deductive reasoning during electrical diagnostic processes
- Possessing mechanical aptitude, with proficient ability to comprehend how mechanical and electrical apparatuses work.
- Willingness to work safely and within the guidelines of a comprehensive safety program
- Determining code requirements for electrical installations
- Installing all types of conduit as listed in National Electrical Code
- Installing, troubleshooting, and repairing, and electrical/mechanical instrumentation
- Align Mechanical Equipment using Laser alignment equipment
- Troubleshoot, Repair, Replace and align mechanical Equipment to include but not limited to Motors, Bearings, Pumps, Gearboxes, Conveyer components, Hydraulic components, Pneumatic components, and Belt drive systems.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 3 years of industrial mechanical maintenance experience. Should include troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability/uptime.
- At least 3 years’ experience working as an Industrial Troubleshooting or Diagnostic Electrician
- Level 1 Mechanical skills
- Experience in Industrial Motor Controls (PLC, motor controls, control valves, electrical distribution, industrial instrumentation for flow, pressure, & temperature)
- Experience working with electrical, PLC’s, AC/DC motors and drive controls
- Willing to own projects as deemed necessary
- Willingness to perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended periods (lifting, walking, climbing, pushing, twisting, stooping)
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in drawings and schematics: advanced hydraulics, pneumatics, reading hydraulic schematics, fabrication, reading tap charts, basic layout, blueprint reading, precision measurement, knowledge of bearings, chains, sprockets, gear boxes, troubleshooting, precision alignment of motors and couplings and computer skills.
- Experience with a cutting torch, brazing and welding
- Willingness to work overtime
- Willingness to work any shift including nights, weekends and holidays.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Completion of industrial electrical apprenticeship program
- Experience with electrical and process control methodology
- Experience in root cause analysis or troubleshooting procedures
- Experience with CMMS systems.
Rate of Pay : $31.54 per hour. Opportunities for promotion. Excellent benefits package.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf