To coordinate, direct, and lead all tooling activities for new, and existing, molding projects by providing internal tool cost estimates, managing the mold procurement process, and tracking of all external tool activities, in an effort to meet customer and manufacturing requirements.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Serve as a consultant to production / manufacturing on all tooling related issues.
This may include customer interface, resolution of design issues, and working with other Phillips facilities in a courteous, timely and cost-effective manner, as well as internal personnel.
- Provide sustaining tooling engineering to support; spares tracking and procurement, tool health checks, PM procedure documentation, troubleshooting and root cause analysis for all production related tooling issues.
- Develop and establish cost estimates, project options, and design alternatives
- Evaluate tooling orders to determine whether tooling should be manufactured
in-house or procured from outside vendor
- Follow up on tooling to ensure compliance with PMC standards in design, tool build, and tool build schedule
- Develop tooling manufacturing timelines and communicate progress and/or changes on tooling to project engineer and/or program manager and customer service representatives
- Establish a vendor base that meets PMC requirements
- Actively pursue avenues to reduce tool build time and costs
- Some travel to customers and other Phillips-Medisize facilities may be required to support business needs
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of seven (7) years tooling experience in the injection molding and contract manufacturing industry
- Strong tool build and design knowledge
- Working knowledge of injection molding and materials
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD software. Proficiency with SolidWorks
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelors or Master of Science in Engineering preferred, emphasis on Plastics, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering
- Experience with CAE preferred
- Experience running injection molding machines (startup/shutdown, process development, debug) preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering project management
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf