Shift Maintenance and Operations Leader
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products Division is currently looking for qualified individuals to fill a Shift Maintenance and Operations Leader role at the Wauna Mill in Clatskanie, OR. This role will work closely with operations and maintenance employees, and coordinate with Mill Leadership to report out safety, environmental or personnel concerns. The Senior Shift Mill Manager will manage the Shift Mill Manager team, which includes four salary direct reports and twenty craftsman indirect reports.
The typical schedule for this role is Monday - Friday 6:30am to 4:00pm. Shift work is required to cover vacations, sick time, etc.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead and manage four salary and twenty hourly union craftsmen according to MBM® principles
- Ensure Shift Mill Manager Team adheres to all safety/environmental policies and procedures and sets the example for the mill.
- Scheduling the Shift Mill Managers and filling in on shift as a SMM when there is a vacancy
- Collaborating with area Business Leaders to utilize shift resources effectively
- Track, analyze and communicate shift maintenance KPIs to business leaders and Shift Mill Manager Team
- Optimize shift maintenance utilization with continuous improvement practices
- Ensure craftsmen are up to date on required certifications
- Fill in at a Shift Mill Manger level of responsibilities on an as needed basis for the following:
- Responsible for five craftsmen to include two millwrights, two electricians and an instrument tech
- Responding to and reporting any safety or Environmental concerns in a timely manner to primary points-of-contact
- Serving as point-of-contact for team members during off hours or nights and weekends
- Assisting with communication of mill metrics and production information
- Responsible for a “Daily Report” email communication, informing Personnel of site performance and follow up needs in a daily “Update Meeting.”
- The Shift Mill Manager must exercise good judgment when considering what support the facility needs, from a maintenance and operations standpoint
- Supervising scheduled and un-Scheduled maintenance tasks during nights and weekends and as needs arise
- Act as an “incident commander” for critical breakdowns
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three (3) or more years of industrial experience in a manufacturing or military environment
- Direct supervision experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business or Engineering
- Maintenance experience
- Experience supervising heavy industrial maintenance teams
- Experience leading in a union environment
- Experience working within a fully integrated mill including converting and pulping/utilities
- Experience with Work Order Generation using CMMS Passport or SAP or similar maintenance management systems
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf