First Article Inspector
Phillips-Medisize, a Molex Company, is an end-to-end provider of innovation, development and manufacturing solutions to the pharmaceutical, diagnostics and medical device industries. Our Hudson, Wisconsin location is seeking a First Article Inspector to support manufacturing of injection molded parts and assembly. The successful candidate will have strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Complete first article inspection per customer specifications and maintain appropriate records
- Responsible for measuring parts and reporting any findings to engineering for submission to customer in support of all validation activities or as otherwise requested
- Identify the appropriate measurement method and create measurement work instructions
- Design go/no go gauges and holding fixtures in conjunction with Quality Engineering
- Coordinate, perform, and maintain calibration procedures
- Verify tool changes and process dimensions after tool modifications
- Perform capabilities studies, gauge repeatability and reproducibility analysis
- Provide statistical reports reflecting process control, process capability, and gauge repeatability
- Understand and utilize geometric tolerancing
- Travel to other facilities within the immediate area may be required to support business needs
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of quality related experience
- Valid driver's license
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints
- Experience working with Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM)
- Experience with Vision System (i.e. Calipers, Micrometers, Drop Indicators, Profilometers)
- Experience applying Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
What Will Put You Ahead
- ASQ certification - Certified Mechanical Inspector (CMI)
- Experience with Zeiss Calypso programming
- Experience with MicroVu Inspec programming
- Experience with Keyence programming
- Technical Degree in Precision Measurement
Shift: Day Shift Monday – Friday (8-hr days)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship