MOLDING SET UP TECHNICIAN
We are currently seeking a Molding Set Up Technician, within the SRG Global Farmington, MO facility. The purpose of this role is to provide support for the injection molding department by setting molds in an efficient, calculated, and safe routine way. This position reports directly to the molding supervisor or team lead. Must be open and flexible to working in other stations within the department/plant as business fluctuates.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Complete production task in accordance with IATF 16949 based procedures and work instructions
- Ensure production volume requirements are met using a safe and productive process flow
- Setting molds in injection molding presses in an efficient, calculated, and safe routine and always striving for quicker mold change times
- Meet or exceed customer expectations
- Keep logs and all required documentation of machines/molds and down time as required
- Maintain a sense of urgency to minimize down time
- Show up prepared for changeovers
- Make sure to clean up after yourself to help maintain the areas is ready for the operator
- Keep mold storage areas and mold shop organized and free of safety hazards
- Perform in a structured environment that is driven by self-discipline and strong work ethics
- Utilize the 5S process and philosophy to establish work place norms for orderliness, cleanliness, discipline, continuous improvement
- Keep scrap bin empty inside and outside robot cages
- Ensure safety guards on equipment are in place, robot cages and mold decks are clear of parts, purge balls, resin, and tools.
- Change oil absorbent pads and identified oil leaks
- Conduct themselves in a safe manner by following all job safety practices. (Stop, Think, Ask)
- Must use lock out /tag out at all time.
- Adhere to all plant policies, procedures, and work instructions
- Accept personal ownership of company, plant and departmental goals for quality, productivity and safety
- Must take ownership in all mold area, equipment, molds, tool room, and work cells as well as the rest of the plant.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to become proficient in molding department
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Basic verbal and written communication, and math skills
- Must be able to follow a work instruction
- Highly motivated self-starting individual who is comfortable working as a team
- Must be able to focus for long periods of time
- Must maintain high standards for work attendance and performance.
- Ability to distinguish variation in product integrity as well as other defects.
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, and stoop for long periods
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. constant
- Ability to work in fluctuating temperatures
- Ability to lift hands up over head
What will put you ahead:
- Previous injection mold setting experience
- Ability to operate forklift and other material handling equipment; tugger, power equipment, and stand up forklift, previous forklift certification a plus
- Be a good leader and mentor
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf