Strategy & Business Development Associate
INVISTA's Performance Solutions (PS) business is currently seeking a Strategy & Business Development Associate in our Kennesaw, GA office.
The Associate will assist business leaders in creating long-term value by developing financial and market analysis for strategy and business development projects. Typical project work will include, but will not be limited to, formulating strategic priorities and plans, robust economic analysis, detailed market analysis, identifying performance improvement opportunities, business case compilation, and valuation work. This role will also work with the business segments to identify growth opportunities and support M&A deals.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Business Development: Provide strategic and analytical input into both organic & inorganic (M&A) growth opportunities. Assist with origination (idea generation), evaluation (business case compilation), and execution (project management) of growth opportunities to ensure maximum returns and consistency with the company’s overall vision.
- Product & Brand Strategy: Assist with developing sound strategic decisions that will result in growth for both top and bottom lines.Provide strategic assistance in such areas as understanding the channel, effective pricing, capturing market share, and creating new value-added services (go-to-market strategy).
- Decision-making Support: Build analytical tools and frameworks to facilitate strategic decision-making for business managers. Examples include: price optimization models, benchmarking analyses, supply/demand models, and price & raw material forecasts.
- Market /Competitor Analysis: Collect information and perform analyses that improve INVISTA’s understanding of potential market opportunities and/or competitive threats. This could include market sizing, cost benchmarking, and other forms of secondary and primary research.
- Structured & Logical Thinking: The ability to identify and define business problems and issues, and to develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analysis. A strong problem-solving capability is critical to this role.
- Analytical Rigor: Proven capability conducting and managing quantitative analyses.
- Powerful communication: The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and on paper, and with all levels of an organization. Able to make presentations and communicate in an open and honest way that quickly builds trust and respect.
- Leadership skills: The ability to gain credibility with team members and senior management. Possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Professional skills: Creative, out-of-the-box thinking. Intellectual curiosity with a demonstrated interest in learning.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of work experience in an analytical or business strategy field
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2+ years’ experience in corporate development, private equity, consulting, or investment banking
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf