Entry Level Electrician - Plywood
Do you enjoy working in a self-directed environment? Then we have the job for you! Georgia-Pacific is seeking safety-oriented individuals to join our team as an Entry Level Electrician in Dudley, NC. This role will create value by performing preventative maintenance on and troubleshooting manufacturing equipment. This position is a vital resource for our ongoing success and productivity and we are very interested in learning more about you!
The Dudley, NC facility is one of Georgia-Pacific’s largest Building Products facilities. It manufactures Plytanium® Plywood, AC and BC, Sidings and Sturd-I-Floor® Plytanium® Plywood which is used in sheathing, roof decking, sub flooring and other specialty applications. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com/plywood-osb
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Performing routine mechanical and electrical equipment repairs and preventive maintenance activities and assist higher level positions as an Entry Level Electrician.
- Perform routine preventative electrical maintenance, troubleshooting and repairing of electrical and electronic equipment in a variety of different applications.
- Operating equipment such as hoists, man-lifts, rigging equipment, cranes and forklifts.
- Assist higher level positions Installing new and rebuilt equipment as required.
- Working in a team environment interacting with other maintenance employees, management personnel, production operators, engineers, and contractors.
- Following work plans and schedules, read P&IDs and mechanical / electrical drawings.
- Understanding the goals of the maintenance department and work toward their successful achievement.
- Creating value through Principled Entrepreneurship, especially as it relates to improving reliability.
- Working in hot, humid, and cold conditions, perform physically demanding tasks for extended periods, wear personal protective equipment, work overtime, weekends and holidays as required and willing to work all shifts including Night/Day rotations.
- High school diploma or Equivalent
- At least one of the following: Associates degree or higher in Electrical Technology OR Minimum of one (1) year of electrical experience in an industrial environment
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Associates degree or higher in Electrical Technology
- At least two (2) years of electrical experience in an industrial environment
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing PLC’s
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Skilled Trades: IND-GP-SKT