Project Quality Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
- Conduct daily activities to protect self, fellow employees, contractors and customers from injuries with the understanding that safety is a fundamental expectation of each John Zink Hamworthy employee.
- Continuously strive to eliminate waste and prevent pollution.
- Consciously observe safety guidelines when visiting supplier, JZHC & JZHC Client facilities; wear proper PPE when warranted during supplier, JZHC & JZHC Client facilities visits.
- Understand and strive to meet or exceed the quality metric targets in own area of responsibility as defined in JZHC Quality Management System by ISO 9001:2015.
- Be accountable for continuous improvement activities to enhance customer satisfaction, to ensure that our business processes are effective.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Leadership of the projects for the appointed Product line(s).
- Protect JZHC intellectual property/interests.
- Comply with all policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the quality activities of assigned projects from the start of the projects to completion.At times this may include assisting with review at the quoting phase or continuing with field installation (Turnkey).
- Manage all quality aspects of assigned projects, determine and define quality requirements, distribute inspection and test information, maintain and completion of project records.
- Review specifications, quality plans, drawings, and/or other pertinent documents as needed to define the scope of supply.Communication with the Project Manager is of the utmost importance during the review process.
- Monitor and review product groups project activities and ensure that they are brought to completion within the scheduled period of time.Quality and budget shall be maintained.
- Develop best management and quality practices while leading a team that fosters effective business relations with JZHC suppliers, internal and external customers.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Prepare Inspection & Test Plans (ITP) defining the extent of quality control inspection and the inspection and test criteria to be used for each major item or component of a project.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Global Procurement, Logistics and Quality strategy.
- Perform inspector evaluation and selection of inspectors for projects to ensure that the most qualified and sufficient inspectors are being utilized.
- Provide suppliers and JZHC inspection personnel with applicable JZHC specifications, customer specifications and detailed ITP information for successful execution of projects.
- Travel as necessary to properly support all quality activities for assigned projects in relation to KO/PIM meetings, supplier development, inspections, training of inspectors and project specific concerns.
- Review inspection reports synchronically with the project to ensure hold points are adhered and inspections are performed per plan. Review the dossier for each of your assigned projects to ensure they are complete, accurate, and properly organized before inclusion into the final records. Generate a certificate of compliance for assigned projects when requested by customers.
- Assist subcontract personnel with on-going supplier selection and evaluations for both fabrication and inspection services.
·During execution of projects, manage the quality of the projects to ensure that adequate inspections are being performed to minimize warranty exposure.
·Ensure that suppliers are properly instructed to submit the inspection request in a timely manner for the JZHC and customer witness and hold points as noted on the ITP’s.
·Perform day-to-day administrative tasks, such as processing information files, reporting
and other paperwork
What Will Put You Ahead
- Behavior skills like Ownership, Teamwork Pro-activeness, Respect & Humility
- Ability to work under pressure and tight schedule.
- Creative thinking; ability to develop and create new ideas, systems, and relationships for the success of the company.
- Decision making skills; ability to analyze information and evaluate results in order to make the best decision in solving problems.
- Planning skills; ability to develop specific plans and goals to help in accomplishing tasks efficiently.
- Ability to resolve complaints, disputes and conflicts.
- Motivating skills; able to encourage and build team spirit among staff, bringing about mutual respect and cooperation.
- Display leadership abilities.
- Ability to identify new opportunities and develop them to the benefit of the company.
- Proficient in English Language.
This job posting is no longer active.