Our INVISTA Victoria, TX facility is seeking entrepreneurial innovative leaders to join the team as a Laboratory Analyst to join our Quality Lab team. We are looking for individuals that have the ability to produce accurate, high quality work in a time-sensitive fast paced environment with strong communication skills and proven success in communicating effectively. A successful candidate would need to have the ability to organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines, show strong initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team. Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with integrity, compliance, and in a safe and efficient manner.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Chemical analysis, including, but not limited to titrations, distillations, wet chemistry, GC, LC, IC, FTIR, UV-Vis, XRF, and ICP.
- Analyze samples and provide accurate and timely results.
- Document and communicate issues regarding quality, instrument, production or supply.
- Maintain strict adherence to applicable RCRA laws.
- Maintain knowledge of plant processes, general chemistry and theory of lab analysis.
- Serve as a member of the emergency response team as an emergency responder.
- Use LIMS to communicate results and manage data.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment with operators, mechanics and exempt professionals.
- Ability to problem-solve and use critical thinking skills.
- Goal and results oriented.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritize based on highest value work.
The Experience You Will Bring
- One or more of the following:
- One year work experience in an analytical laboratory
- 2 Year Chemical Technology degree
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Biology or related field
- Experience using Microsoft Word such as creating, editing and formatting documents and preparing reports and tables.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Excel such as creating and modifying spreadsheets and using functions, filters and graphs to analyze data.
- Ability to obtain Emergency Care Attendant certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be capable of regular lifting and moving up to 10 pounds, frequently lifting and moving up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lifting and moving up to 50 pounds
- Capable of working with a glove box and air free chamber
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Required to work a 12-hr rotating shift
- Required to work overtime as required by the business
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2 years' analytical laboratory experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry or Biology
- 2 years' experience with GC and LC
- Experience with instrument calibration
- Experience with Auto-Titrators, distillation, IC, FTIR's, ICP's and wet chemistry
- Experience with LIMS (data entry and managing data)
- Emergency Care Attendant Certification or higher
This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC dentification badge, allowing for unescorted access to the facility within a specific time period
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This role is subject to a pre-hire physical abilities test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf