Electronics & Optical Engineering Technician
OnPoint Digital Solutions is seeking an Electronics and Optical Engineering Technician to join our team in Louisville, Colorado with a passion and excitement for contributing to electronics product development, testing, and support. We are looking for a knowledgeable, enthusiastic team member who is ready for a hands-on technical role in electronic circuit boards, wire harnesses, optical systems setup, and testing/troubleshooting. The successful candidate will work well in a collaborative and supportive environment and will provide quality, timely results. This position is open to Mid and Sr. Level Technicians with a track record of project ownership and execution.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Optical table/breadboard familiarity including alignment, beam steering and lensing.
- Testing: setup, perform, collect data, and document data per engineering test specifications
- Electronic product diagnostic troubleshooting, repair, rework, root cause and corrective action process support
- Circuit board assembly – acquire components, prepare build kits, complete builds
- Build electronic assemblies –circuit board stack-ups, wiring, mechanical assembling
- Assemble and solder wiring harnesses and connectors
- Preparation of typical documentation (assembly instructions, BOMs, test reports, nonconformance reports, etc.)
- Perform and direct equipment calibrations, modify calibration procedures, keep track of calibrations
- Contribute to the ongoing organization of laboratory work and storage areas
- Understand and adhere to Koch Engineered Solutions Environmental Health and Safety plan and QC system
The Experience You Will Bring
- AS/AAS Electronics/Electrical Engineering Technology, Engineering Science, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years’ experience with typical electronics test instrumentation – meters, oscilloscope, analyzers, etc.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office Products in a work environment
- Experience reading, understanding, and following drawings, schematics; written and verbal instructions
- Experience troubleshooting, probing, modifying, and repairing circuit boards and circuit board assemblies
- 2+ years’ experience hand soldering of small components and utilizing basic hand and power tools
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2+ years' post academic electronics industry experience
- 2+ years' MCAD or ECAD experience
- Experience working with voltages greater than 50V and the associated OSHA requirements for safety
- Knowledge of lasers, optics, and spectroscopy
- Experience with lab ovens/furnaces and environmental chambers
- Basic Debugging skills in common programming languages such as: LabView, Python, MatLAB, C#, Embedded C
- 1+ years’ experience with optical trains and setup – combiners, mirrors, lenses, etc.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf