Do you make safety a priority? Are you looking for a company that will give you the opportunity to grow your career? If so, we may have the perfect career opportunity for you!
Georgia-Pacific is seeking Production Technicians at our Mount Holly, NC facility to produce airlaid non-wovens materials safely and efficiently. Our airlaid products can be found in wet wipes, cloth-like napkins, disposable table cloths and floor mops. This position offers opportunities for development within your role and future growth within the company.
We see each role as a career and a way to advance your knowledge and skills to not only better your life, but your community as well.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Learning multiple operator functions to operate equipment to expected performance levels
- Making sure machines are set up properly and performing optimally, and troubleshooting and adjusting equipment as needed
- Working as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals
- Performing basic asset care duties and routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while proactively seeking out potential safety hazards
- Cleaning the work area throughout shift to ensure an orderly and safe environment
- Work twelve (12) hour night shift that includes weekends, holidays and overtime
- Work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least twelve (12) hours a day
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Lift at least 50 pounds
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience utilizing systems and applications on a computer, laptop or tablet
What Will Put You Ahead
- One (1) year or more of experience in a farming, landscaping, carpentry, construction, warehouse, military, production or manufacturing environment
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing and adjusting equipment and machinery
- Experience utilizing electrical, mechanical and instrumentation skills in the workplace
- One (1) year or more of experience operating forklifts and/or industrial trucks in a manufacturing or industrial setting
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf