Georgia-Pacific (GP) is seeking a Solution Architect to be a part of our Building Products and Packaging IT Organization to architect the next generation of knowledge systems that will drive our businesses into the future. You will develop specific solution and reference architectures and roadmaps. To be successful, you must be comfortable offering your POV based upon understanding our businesses, what drives value, and working closely with our internal business partners. You will also partner with other IT peers to merge business and IT strategy. The ideal candidate will have experience as a Solution Architect working with ERP systems, “Core” and “Edge” systems supporting a manufacturing and distribution enterprise. Candidates should be comfortable working on a dynamic, cross functional organization where your knowledge, skills, initiative, and leadership allow you to collaborate and partner to achieve common goals. This position will report to the Vice President of IT and will share responsibilities with additional SAs in the organization.
A Day in The Life Typically Includes:
As a Segment Solution Architect, you will be expected to:
·Understand Georgia Pacific Enterprise Architecture (As Is and To Be) and work within the Building Products and Packaging Segments to drive standardization of technologies and tools working within EA guidelines, to achieve enterprise simplification and reuse:
·Partner with EA and other SAs to develop roadmaps for implementation of strategic capabilities within their ecosystem, including:
·Identifying critical functionality to be provided and strategic components that can be leveraged in the future state environment
·Defining API-led integration approaches to enable decoupling of systems and reduce complexity
·Engaging application owners and data teams in the process of defining and designing solutions
·Ensure solutions enable and support enterprise standards for security, compliance, app modernization, and cloud
·Identifying opportunities to reduce technical debt and drive value added capabilities
·Work with IT Platform leaders, Segment Data Architect, Segment Integration Architects, Enterprise Architects, and other relevant parties to facilitate architecture discussions.
·Develop reference architecture patterns that can apply across their ecosystem(s) (and GP where appropriate)
·Oversee Disaster Recovery program for identified Platform areas.
What You Will Need:
- 3 Years of experience working as a Solution Architect or similar role
- Demonstrated ability to follow general business processes and requirements while recommending and applying the appropriate technology solutions
- Experience working with ERP systems or “Core” systems supporting a manufacturing and distribution enterprise.
- Familiar with API lead integration strategies
- Bachelor's degree in IT Systems or Equivalent
- Knowledge of or experience working
- Infor ERP Systems or Infor OS
- MuleSoft integration platform
- MS Dynamics 365 for Sales and Service
- Salesforce® CRM and Portal platforms
- AWS Data Lake and Redshift ETL Platforms
- Tableau and Power BI Reporting Platforms
- Experience designing and implementing a complete overhaul of the IT systems operating a mature global business
What Will Put You Ahead?