Corrugated Packaging/Digital Printing – Quality Technician
Who is Hummingbird? Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking a Quality Technician for an emerging opportunity within our Digital Printing business unit Hummingbird®. The Quality Technician will provide expertise and support to drive continuous improvement, compliance, and quality in Hummingbird’s® transformation into a world class manufacturer and distributor of Digital Printing. The position will be based at our West Chester, Ohio facility and will report to the Quality Manager for this business segment.
A successful candidate in this role will be a principled entrepreneur, someone who performs well with limited oversight, and is comfortable challenging processes.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Review Vision System Logs & Color Management readings regularly
- Educate digital press operators on using the system(s) as tools
- Research historical data when a customer complaint has been filed
- Assess quality of printed product and set up for vision system
- Routinely monitor/audit QMS (Quality Management System) data
- Follow up with press operators & supervisor on irregularities
- Assist in investigating Root Cause & Corrective Actions (RCCA) as needed
- Perform troubleshooting and routine maintenance of lab testing equipment
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Assist in analysis of incoming material, consumables
- Assist in Quality SOP creation, implementation, improvement, and enforcement
- Utilize SQA tools as required
- ·Support Quality Manager
- Interact with people at all levels of the organization to continuously improve Hummingbird’s® quality systems.
- Provide administrative support such as filing, organizing, labeling and scanning
- Perform various testing procedures
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three (3) or more years of experience in manufacturing environment in a professional support role
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including moderate knowledge of Excel (ie. Spreadsheet creation/editing)
- Willing and able to work extended shifts, rotating shifts & weekends as needed
What Will Put You Ahead
- Degree in Engineering or other technical discipline
- Knowledge and/or experience in corrugated packaging, folding carton, printing, or Point of Purchase (POP) display industries
- Experience working with QMS, Kiwi, ISRA, ColorMaster. ColorCert or Measure Color
- Experience working with Vision Systems
- Experience working within a Quality department or role
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf