Global Inventory Lead
Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our building products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others. Our containerboard and packaging business offers high-end graphic packaging to bulk bins as well as Golden Isles fluff pulp. You may also recognize consumer brands like Angel Soft®, Brawny®, and Dixie® on retail shelves and enMotion® towels, Compact® bath tissue and SmartStock® cutlery dispensers when you are away from home. Our GP Harmon business is one of the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visit www.gp.com.
We are seeking a Global Inventory Lead with excellent communication and critical thinking skills for our GP Corrugated business. The Global Inventory Lead will be a key member of our Integrated Business Planning team. Primary focus will be to develop and execute inventory strategies set by the demands of the customer and the business and ensure they are incorporated into our S&OP process. The successful candidate will work with Corrugated Plants to maintain inventory targets and keep inventory tools up to date. Additionally, this person will analyze historic data and forecasts to provide recommendations to optimize the supply chain and help provide better fulfillment to the customer through economic thinking and marginal economics.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Proactively and effectively manage inventory and demand planning tools to maintain optimal customer inventory levels
- Reviewing and updating the Daily Demand, SKU parameters (Lead Time, Safety Stock, MOQ) timely
- Monitoring Inventory levels and adjust as needed to create the most value
- Maintaining warehouse/fulfillment replenishment orders and adjust/ move as necessary
- Analyzing historic demand to determine Customer and SKU characteristics (Pareto, Demand Variability, SKU velocity) that provide optimal inventory levels
- Working with the Corrugated plants and the supply chain team to develop/consolidate customer forecasts.
- Working with S&OP to reflect needed inventory increases/decreases to optimize system and meet customer needs
- Analyzing Inventory targets periodically to align it with the changing customer demands and business needs
- Developing strategies and build systems to improve inventory planning and extend planning horizon.
- Providing training, management and governance of inventory optimization systems and processes.
- Using supply chain concepts to streamline production and minimize the inventory waste in the system
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel (create and modify spreadsheets using formulas and ability to analyze data) and Word (create and modify documents)
- At least 3 years of business experience in Demand Planning/ Inventory Planning role
- Experience with inventory systems (i.e.; Ultriva, SAP, etc.)
- Experience with probabilities, statistics, safety stock calculations
What Will Put You Ahead
- MBA or a Masters/Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or Supply Chain
- At least 2 years of experience in managing finished goods inventory for a manufacturing facility
- Experience with supply chain/logistics in rail and truck transportation
- Supply chain certification – (i.e., SCPro, APICS, etc.)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf