Flint Hills Resources is looking for an Operations Technician to join our team at our Product Terminals in Rosemount, MN.
As an Operations Technician you and the operations team will have responsibilities for oversight of multiple local terminals with a range of products including asphalt, refined fuels, liquid fertilizer and propane. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to support the team as you manage small projects that are requested by your Terminal Manager. These may include, but are not limited to mechanical troubleshooting, pump maintenance, valve maintenance, testing of system safety devices, periodic inspections of tanks, valves, or piping. A general knowledge of pumps, valves (ball, gate, etc.), bulk storage terminal and pipeline operations, and/or rail operations will be an asset to you in this role. In this role you must be able to adapt to ever changing priorities, drive innovation and accept change, have strong time management and prioritization skills and have a willingness to learn.
Candidates must be willing and able to be available for weekly rotational on-call during select nights and weekends in the event of terminal or other system call outs. Rotation will depend on the number of personnel qualified.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Facility rounds
- Truck driver training and interaction
- Equipment troubleshooting
- General preventable maintenance
- Taking product samples
- Maintaining cleanness of sites
- Rail loading/rail movement
- Working individually and/or as a team, and small project management/execution
The Experience You Will Bring
- A valid driver's license
- Willing and able to reside within an approximate 30-minute drive of the terminal in Rosemount, MN
- Experience working with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Mechanical and/or electrical work experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Physical ability to frequently stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, reach, handle, bend, twist, climb and balance
- Physical ability to occasionally sit, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Ability & willingness to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (for example: hard hat, safety glasses, fire retardant clothing, respirator, safety work boots, etc. as required)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (with frequent carrying of up to 25 pounds)
- Must be able to adequately hear alarms and other sounds which may indicate a safety concern
- Must be able to communicate hazardous conditions and other dangers
- Must be able to work near moving mechanical parts, work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions, work in high, precarious places and work around fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals with a respirator
- Must be available for on-call rotation including nights, weekends & holidays
- Willingness to adhere to facial hair policy
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least two (2) years of construction/maintenance experience in a storage terminal
- A two (2) year technical or mechanical degree
- Previous work experience in a bulk storage terminal and/or pipeline operation
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf