Electrical Engineer Intern
INVISTA Canada's Kingston Nylon manufacturing site located in Kingston, Ontario is looking for an Electrical Engineering Intern to support INVISTA’s manufacturing plant within the Engineering team.
It is an exciting phase in INVISTA’s continued evolution through growth and transformation projects. This position will be a key strategic addition in growing the capability of our global operations to make data driven decisions. This opening is for a 16-month term, starting May 2021 through August 2022.
This isn’t your average internship. We are looking for motivated and talented people who will help us meet the challenge of leading rapid experimentation, pursuing continuous innovation and creating long-term value for customers and society. INVISTA is an independently managed but wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc.
What will you do in your role.
- Provide engineering support to a large manufacturing site, including project engineering, reliability engineering, operations troubleshooting, cost and scope development and implementation of innovative design solutions.
- Potential Areas of Focus include:
- Industrial Electrical Control systems
- Motor/drive systems
- Plant electrical distribution
- Industrial Robotics and Automation
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Adaptability to self-manage effectively in both individual and team-oriented roles with minimal supervision.
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate of a University Electrical Engineering degree program.
INVISTA is one of the world’s largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon applications. We deliver exceptional value for our customers through market insights, technological innovations, and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks.
Our Guiding Principles – Integrity, Respect, Humility, Knowledge, Self-actualization, Principled Entrepreneurship, Stewardship & Compliance, and Transformation – define the INVISTA culture. If those words are in your DNA, then please submit your resume via the application link.