Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our building products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others. Our containerboard and packaging business offers high-end graphic packaging to bulk bins as well as Golden Isles fluff pulp. You may also recognize consumer brands like Angel Soft®, Brawny®, and Dixie® on retail shelves and enMotion® towels, Compact® bath tissue and SmartStock® cutlery dispensers when you are away from home. Our GP Harmon business is one of the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visit www.gp.com.
Georgia-Pacific is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team at our Atlanta, GA headquarters.The Software Quality Assurance Engineer will monitor every phase of the software development process to ensure that the design and software adhere to Packaging, Cellulose and Building Products Information Technology testing standards.The Software Quality Assurance Engineer will work with Project Managers and Business Analysts to deliver projects for the Packaging & Cellulose businesses.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Understand GP domains, business functionalities and technical landscapes of Applications in Scope
- Author test scenarios and design detailed test cases from user stories, requirements, etc.
- Participate and influence the Hardware/Software environments needed to deliver the test approach
- Define the standard tools and processes for test automation (Regression Testing)
- Write, develop, and execute test scripts
- Participate in daily Scrum meetings, Sprint planning, Sprint Retrospective, and Backlog grooming meetings with Agile team members
- Support cross-functional teams, execute testing for multiple ongoing projects concurrently
- Collaborate with application team members for successful test execution of end-to-end workflows
- Perform manual test execution within the testing framework guidelines
- Provide data for test coverage, execution results, prepare and publish key metrics identified for each engagement
- Defect Management: log bugs in defect management tool, retest failed requirements following code fixes, adhere to the defect lifecycle workflow
- Participate in application brain storming sessions, learn and retain application knowledge including business functionalities
- Follow established test processes and test methods to ensure efficient and effective testing
- Be an advocate of Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement and industry recognized best practices
- Strong communication skills with all the key stakeholders to ensure QA vision is understood and implemented correctly
- Collaborate closely with developers, product owner, business analysts and other team members to fully understand the requirements and ensure high quality of the implementations and changes to enterprise applications.
- Keep up with innovative trends in technologies and software products that enhance testing effectiveness and approach.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 5 years planning, authoring test cases, managing test execution, and QA reporting
- At least 3 years of hands on test automation experience with TOSCA (Test Automation Tool)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Proven experience with Agile software development methodology, particularly Scrum and Kanban
- Proven experience with systems modernization and automation that resulted in value creation and streamlining of processes
- Knowledge of project management methodologies including traditional waterfall and AGILE (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Hands on Experience in ERP domains
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Services and HPQC and ALM (Quality Center and Application Life Cycle Management)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf