Digital Press Operator
Digital Press Operator
Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking a Digital Web Press Operator for an emerging opportunity within our Corrugated Packaging business unit. The successful candidate will operate our state-of-the-art roll to roll inkjet web press, which is the first of its kind in the United States. The position will be based at our West Chester, Ohio facility and will report to the Production Supervisor for this business segment.
This role is for 2nd or 3rd shift.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensure that each job printed on the inkjet web press is properly set up and prepped to produce the product to the established specifications
- Have constant computer (PC) interaction to operate the press, record quality metrics, and email communications as needed
- Perform computer/machine adjustments accurately, efficiently, and according to procedures, minimizing unexpected downtime and maintenance calls
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and troubleshooting any problems.
- Monitor the printing process to maintain quality and inspecting the final product for quality; noticing any subtle differences in color, to include shades of color and brightness
- Complete general housekeeping duties to maintain a continuously safe and clean work environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of (3) years of experience operating digital printing presses
- Ability to troubleshoot machinery and quality issues
- Experience using Microsoft Excel – (sorting data, creating tables, and creating graphs); and Word – (document creation/editing)
- Willing and able to work all shifts, extended shifts, rotating shifts & weekends as needed
What Will Put You Ahead
- Understanding of prepress functions
- Knowledge and/or experience in corrugated packaging, folding carton, printing, or Point of Purchase (POP) display industries
- Knowledge of reliability and Preventative Maintenance (PM) systems
- Knowledge of print production processes and color theory
- Macintosh and/or PC computer skills
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf