The Georgia-Pacific Corrugated plant in Asheboro, NC is looking to expand our team of talented individuals by hiring Operators- in-Training. Candidates selected for this role will have an opportunity to train with our experienced machine operators to learn the process of producing corrugated boxes from start to finish. After training, successful trainees will have the opportunity to move into Machine Operator roles on our many different pieces of equipment.
Our current openings are on 2nd and 3rd shift with the potential to move to 1st shift in the future.
What will you do in your role.
- Work as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals
- Organize final products for shipping and distribution
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while proactively seeking out potential safety hazards
- Complete general housekeeping duties to maintain a continuously safe and clean teamwork environment
- Learn and develop machine operator skills
The experience you will bring:
- Six (6) months or more of continuous work experience
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least 8 hours a day
- Experience working in the manufacturing industry
- Experience utilizing computer systems and/or databases
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf