Georgia-Pacific is hiring Production Operators for our Mount Jewett location. This entry-level production position creates value by working in a general labor capacity alongside the other operators to meet and exceed production goals. New employees that have a strong focus on safety, and who demonstrate initiative and a sense of urgency will find fulfillment as an integral part of a successful team.
Georgia-Pacific in Mount Jewett, Pennsylvania manufactures Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF), a popular substitution for hardboard in residential and industrial applications such as for drawer bottoms, cabinet backs, interior wall and ceiling panels, modular partitions, and door skins. Georgia-Pacific’s building product business has consistently been among the nation’s top suppliers of building products to building materials dealers and large warehouse retailers. Georgia-Pacific employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace.
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Meeting or exceeding facility and company goals for production and quality
- Performing heavy-duty housekeeping to keep machinery functioning properly, reducing hazards and maintaining the appearance of the plant
- Assisting in operating production equipment and filling in for other operators during breaks or absences
- Performing routine preventative maintenance and minor repairs
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 6 months of work experience
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs routinely
- Willing and able to perform repetitive tasks for extended periods of time (i.e. lifting, pushing/pulling, gripping, reaching, sitting, walking, standing, bending, climbing ladders/stairs)
- Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime
- Willing to sign a confidentiality agreement as a condition of employment
- Experience in a wood products manufacturing environment
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf