Georgia-Pacific is currently hiring a Plant Superintendent to lead our operations, production supervisors and team members in the Modesto, CA facility. The ideal candidate will be self-driven individual with a passion for excellence in Safety, Manufacturing, and Customer Focus.
Modesto is mostly known for its agriculture and its great weather conditions for almonds, peaches and tomatoes. The facility is in between Fresno and San Francisco and close to Yosemite National Park.
To learn more about the Corrugated Industry, check out these videos:
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Advance our company culture, Market Based Management
- Identify and align operational priorities with commercial business vision - ensure production and delivery of the highest quality products at the lowest costs, consistent with customer requirements, company plans and profit objectives
- Partner with plant leadership to enhance facility performance and metrics - lead and facilitate continuous improvement initiatives and develop innovative practices, methods and procedures that add value for the facility
- Creating and maintaining a cohesive team of leaders and providing coaching and development; accomplish objectives through leading others
- Creating and maintaining a positive work environment for all employees. Spending time on the floor engaging with employees and overseeing plant operations as appropriate.
- Identifying and implementing systems and equipment upgrades and improvements to drive long term value creation
- Understanding and being able to interpret and analyze financial and operating statements
The Experience You Will Bring
- Five (5) or more years of corrugated manufacturing operations leadership experience with multiple direct reports
- Previous experience in a continuous process manufacturing environment
- Experience leading and facilitating operational and cultural changes with results
- Experience with financial analysis/economic thinking around plant production costs
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite such as Excel (create/modify spreadsheets), Word (create/modify documents), and PowerPoint (prepare/present presentations), and Outlook (email correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Continuous improvement experience and/or education
- Knowledge of equipment servicing, planning/scheduling, supply chain management, mechanical maintenance, plant engineering, quality and corrugator/converting processes and equipment
- Experience in union relations
- Experience with statistical analysis
- Experience with United, Marquip, Mitsubishi, Martin and Ward equipment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf