Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Manager to provide leadership and presence at our Madera, CA facility. The EH&S Manager provides leadership and strategic direction by building a partnership with front-line leadership and collaborating with business partners to develop and mentor the production team relating to EH&S. In this role, EH&S Managers ensure systems to effectively address facility EHS risk profiles. The EH&S role consists of an estimate of 70% Safety and 30% Environmental
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing proactive leadership and direction to achieve the EH&S vision through management commitment and employee ownership
- Developing and aligning facility EH&S programs and strategies according to the business/enterprise EH&S plan
- Fostering an environment where employees understand and exercise their decision rights regarding EH&S ensuring the EH&S vision is developed and integrated
- Facilitating EH&S ownership by the line organization through integration of the EH&S Management System
- Ensuring EH&S system elements are integrated into the line organization's responsibilities and expectations
- Leading the development of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards
- Increasing critical hazard awareness thereby reducing the likelihood of at-risk behaviors
- Ensuring an effective change management process is in place
- Partnering with facility leadership to develop short and long-term EH&S objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize and mitigate risks
- Ensuring the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet facility needs utilizing qualified instructors
- Conducting routine management reviews and adjusting plans as necessary
- Utilizing development plans to grow the teams' EH&S skills and knowledge
- Able to manage and develop constituencies that provide assistance to the EH&S department & Plant
The Experience You Will Bring
- Basic Qualifications:
- One or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Safety, Environmental, or EH&S field
- Five (5) years or more of experience in an environmental, safety and health role in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Current or previous graduate from Georgia-Pacific’s ELP, EDP, or intern programs
- Willing and able to occasionally travel to support corporate initiatives
What Will Put You Ahead
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or demonstrated progress to attain CSP or other professional safety certifications
- Previous leadership experience
- Professional Engineer experience
The Madera plant is conveniently located in the Central Valley, ideal for day or weekend trips to Yosemite, Kings Canyon National Park, San Francisco, Napa Valley and Sacramento. We employ more than 100 people at our facility that operates one of the industry’s most sophisticated and modern corrugators and has an impressive array of modern finishing equipment, including, gluers, flexos and die cutters to provide the widest range of corrugated packaging today. We manufacture corrugated sheets from linerboard and medium and then cut, print and fold these sheets to produce corrugated boxes and trays for our various customers.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf