North America Sales Engineer - (Remote Opportunity)
This job posting is no longer active.
Sentient Energy is looking to fill the Technical Solution Engineer which is a full‐time position in the Revenue Team organization. The Technical Solution Engineer (TSE) supports the Revenue Team responsible for achieving sales, revenue and gross margin targets that align with those of the Sentient Energy’s business vision and objectives. The selected candidate will work closely to assist Account Directors, Value Added Resellers and Partners along with utility customers to grow and promote the growth of Sentient Energy. The Technical Solution Engineer is responsible for Value-Added Solution selling. The TSE will focus on expanding the company’s business with current and emerging technologies within the Grid Modernization objectives for Utilities. This role is open to locations across the United States.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Assist Account Directors, Value Added Resellers and Partners with pre-sales activities, as the technical SME
- Coordinate with Account Directors, Value Added Resellers and Partners to support customer needs for proposals / presentations and participate in bid meetings and walk-through meetings with the customer as necessary
- Coordinate with Account Directors, Value Added Resellers and Partners to support customer relationship building and establish a trusted advisor model for customer success
- Lead & Support top level solution architectures conversations and guide customers on desirable solutions to meet the customer business needs
- Strategically position Sentient Energy’s value proposition with ROI models that support Customer Use Cases for Grid Modernization objectives
- Identify the technical needs of our targeted customers, support discovery calls and propose solutions as appropriate
- Strong interface with the marketing / commercialization / product organization to develop high-value solutions and assist with creating specific NPI requirements which leverages / expands Sentient Energy’s solution portfolio
- Work with Product Management to provide inputs on technical requirements based on customer conversations
- Work with Account Directors, Value Added Resellers and Partners to help coordinate pre-sales considerations and architecture solutions which support Customer business objectives.
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship with
- Partners and Customer(s)to drive product solution adoption and continued value of products and services
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least five years of technical experience within the Electric Utilities industry
- Technical understanding of overall electric operations systems, including electric power systems, distribution automation, and distributed control systems and communications
- Bachelor of Science in technical field, computer science, program management or a technical field or at least seven years of technical experience within the Electric Utilities industry
- Demonstrable experience with success metrics and use case management for utility value proposition
- Experience supporting sales activities and account management including customer communications internally and externally
- Understanding of all engineering discipline requirements for power systems in general.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time to corporate and customer offices
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working in the Utility Industry or with Utility Metering is preferred
- Seven or more years of technical experience in Electric Utilities industry is preferred
- Located in the West Coast is preferred
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.