Trader – Recycle Commodity (Waste Paper)
Georgia-Pacific Recycling, a subsidiary of Georgia-Pacific, is one of the largest recycled commodity trading companies in the world. GP Recycling purchases and sells millions of tons of recycled fiber, off- specification rolls, plastic and metal commodities every year. GP Recycling provides its domestic and international customer base with a reliable source of quality recovered wastepaper, rolls, plastic and metal commodities by developing markets and logistics solutions for generators and other suppliers of such recycled materials.
GP Recycling is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to develop and expand the company’s recycled commodity brokerage business. We are looking for an individual with a strong desire to succeed in a fast-paced and competitive sales environment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop and implement a strategy that grows brokerage volumes and profits
- Develop a complete understanding of the competitive landscape
- Prospect and build profitable new business
- Build long-term relationships with suppliers and customers to develop growth opportunities
- Work with and through cross-functional teams to achieve success Utilize economic and critical thinking skills to achieve sustainable long-term success
- Provide excellent customer focus to result in client satisfaction
- Conduct all affairs lawfully and with integrity
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in brokerage of recycled paper
- Experience in Microsoft Office Software
- Willing and able to travel up to 30%
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Extensive professional network of suppliers and customers within the recycled paper industry
- Experience with brokerage of recycled plastics or metals
- Experience with exporting recycled commodities
- Demonstrated success in growing a recycled commodity brokerage business
- Experience with recycled commodity brokerage in major California markets
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf