Flint Hills Resources is looking for an Operations Technician to join our team at our refined products terminal in Waupun, WI. As an Operations Technician, you will work as part of a team to ensure the overall operation of the terminal including basic functions such as receipt and shipment of petroleum products (gasoline, diesel, ethanol and propane), lab testing, inspection and record keeping requirements, computer oriented tasks, and the maintenance of the equipment in the facility. You will coordinate with schedulers for the successful delivery and receipt of refined products by truck and/or pipeline.
Technicians also input computer data and are assigned duties through a work management system. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to support the team as you manage small projects. These may include, but are not limited to: product transfers, mechanical troubleshooting, pump maintenance, valve maintenance, testing of system safety devices, periodic inspections of tanks, valves, or piping, and other product quality control or technically oriented tasks related to an refined products terminal.
In the event of terminal and other system "call outs", you are willing to be available for an on-call rotation during selected nights and weekends as required by the number of personnel in rotation. Team members must be willing to occasionally travel (with overnight stays) for training, meetings, or to assist short term at other locations.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver's license
- Willing and able to reside within an approximate 30-minute drive of the terminal in Waupun, WI
- Experience working with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Mechanical and/or electrical work experience in an industrial setting
- Must be available for on-call rotation including nights, weekends & holidays
- Physical ability to frequently stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, reach, handle, bend, twist, climb and balance
- Ability & willingness to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (for example: hard hat, safety glasses, fire retardant clothing, respirator, safety work boots, etc. as required)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (with frequent carrying of up to 25 pounds)
- Must be able to adequately hear alarms and other sounds which may indicate a safety concern
- Must be able to communicate hazardous conditions and other dangers
- Must be able to work near moving mechanical parts, work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions, work in high, precarious places and work around fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least two years of construction/maintenance experience in the refined products and/or oil and gas industry (Mechanical/Industrial trade school will be considered work experience)
- A two-year technical or mechanical degree
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf