Electrical Maintenance Technician
Do you enjoy troubleshooting, repairing, and completing preventative maintenance on machinery? Have you worked in an industrial or manufacturing environment? If so, Georgia-Pacific has an immediate need for an Electrical Maintenance Technicians at our Modesto, CA facility.
Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. We manufacture standard corrugated containers, as well as many specialty packaging products. We specialize in food, beverage, commercial and marketplace containers, and with our expertise in direct print and lithographic multi-color boxes, we provide cost-effective corrugated packaging systems for virtually any product. To learn more about our Packaging division, please visit: www.gppackaging.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems, repair and maintain all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Helping to meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals through a quality maintenance program
- Installing and repairing electrical and mechanical components, cabling or wiring
- Reading and interpreting mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Industrial Electrical Technician certification from college, technical school or military training
- Two (2) years or more of maintenance experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- One (1) year of more of experience troubleshooting PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers)
- Understand knowledge and safe work practices involving voltage from 50 volts to 480 volts
- Experience reading technical electrical drawings and schematics
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (16) hours a day
- Experience in mechanical fabrication and repair
- Willing and able to work in high and/or confined spaces
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience programming PLCs
- Experience with VFD’s, Drives, Relays, Safety circuits, conduit installation, wiring electrical
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing electrical components on machinery and or wiring
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf