This job posting is no longer active.
Flint Hills Resources is currently seeking an Instrumentation and Electrical Technician to join our team in Menlo, IA. In this role, you will apply your technical skills and troubleshooting ability to ensure a safe and reliable production.
NOW OFFERING A 3000.00 SIGN ON BONUS!!!!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Maintaining and troubleshooting process controls, electrical controls, instrumentation, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment
- Complete work orders and document the time, tasks and parts/supplies needed to complete the project, including preventative and proactive electrical tasks and compliance procedures
- Ensuring excellence in all areas of compliance, environmental and safety
- Support efforts to maximize production through creative problem solving, adaptation, and correction of process bottlenecks
- Calibrating, configuring, and repairing of measurement/controls instruments flow, level, pressure, temperature, and PH including associated valves and valve actuators
- Adhering to all OSHA and National Electrical Safety Code regulations and procedures
- Replacing and repairing parts, rewire, install related instrument/electrical items including conduit and/or wiring
- Assist with emergency and scheduled shutdowns while performing regular job/task duties as directed is required
- Maintain updated documentation as required
- Maintain licensing by attending state required code classes (if applicable)
- Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment, including frequent climbing, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing, twisting, bending, kneeling, crawling and grasping. Standing for extended periods of time, walking up to one (1) mile per day, and data entry while seated for greater than one (1) hour
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Ability to push up to 90lbs
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions
- Ability to climb up to 200ft
- Ability to grip up to 100lbs
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (Hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, heeled boots and hearing protection)
This role is subject to pre-employment physical abilities test
The Experience You Will Bring
- One or more of the following:
- Experience in an industrial electrical, or instrumentation field
- Two (2) year technical degree or higher in industrial electrical maintenance or a related field
- Willing to work overtime when needed
- Ability to work an on-call rotating schedule and respond to call outs as needed
- Experience using Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to read technical work orders, drawings and schematics and complete repairs and installation as needed
- Valid and current government issued driver’s license
What Will Put You Ahead
- Ability to calibrate, configure, and repair measurement/control instruments for flow, level, pressure, temperature, and pH including associated valves and valve actuators.
- Five (5) years or more of experience in an industrial electrical, electronic, and mechanical systems
- PLC, DCS and I/O troubleshooting experience
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining process control equipment such as Motor Controls, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's), Variable Frequency Drives (VFD's)
- Knowledge of industrial test equipment (Hart Communicator, Multimeter, signal generators, etc) with troubleshooting and electrical skills
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.