European Power Trader
KS&T, with offices in Geneva, London and with its head office in the US, is a global commodity trading company participating in nearly all commodity markets but focusing in petroleum and energy.
As part of the European Power business the Power Trader will provide proprietary trading strategies in Southern European and/or Nordic power markets. The candidate would be expected to have a deep understanding of European Power markets and a proven track record in power trading.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The European Power Trader will work as part of a team of traders and analysts to grow the portfolio outside the current capability in NW Europe.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ownership of the book for European power proprietary positions in Southern Europe and/or Nordic markets.
- Communicate with the wider commercial team to maintain and develop desk trading strategy and POV.
- Drive the development of new power analytics and future strategy development.
- Maintain and support fundamental research on the power and gas markets for Koch.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five years plus trading NWE power markets with experience in Southern Europe and/or Nordic markets.
- Accomplished at building a diversified strategy approach to Risk deployment.
- Understanding of flow-based market coupling and European interconnector flow.
- Strong analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills.
- Good knowledge and proven application of weather fundamentals in power markets.
- Previous experience of European Power market fundamental analysis.
- High level of intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently.
- Entrepreneurial nature.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience from a utility and financial trading institution.