PROCESS CONTROLS ENGINEER
Georgia-Pacific Chemical is seeking a talented Process Control Engineer to join our team.
What You Will Do in the Role:
- Design, install, and maintain electrical and process control systems
- Partner with engineering groups on instrument and electrical design for new construction and system upgrades
- Develop Distributed Control System (DCS) and Instrument Technicians to assist with design/planning of new projects, repairs, maintenance, trouble-shooting and calibration
- Create detailed operating procedures for all instrumentation equipment and systems
- Communicate instrumentation activities and progress to Production and Maintenance Managers as needed to facilitate an effective and efficient operation
The Experience You Will Bring
- Technical Degree/Trade Certification or 10 years’ experience in chemical plant controls
- Five (5) or more years’ experience with chemical plant controls and systems
- Three (3) or more years’ experience with Honeywell Experion DCS configuration
- One (1) or more years’ experience with reading and following equipment and construction drawings such as P&ID’s. loop sheets and motor schematics
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Previous experience writing operational procedures and training personnel
Georgia-Pacific Chemicals benefits society by safely delivering long-term value to our customers faster and more efficiently than our competitors. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America. For more about who we are and what we do, visit our website at: http://www.gp-chemicals.com/Home
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf