Process Engineer Intern
INVISTA Canada's Kingston Nylon manufacturing site located in Kingston, Ontario is looking for a Process Engineer Intern to support INVISTA’s manufacturing plant within the Technical Spinning and Technical Polymer team. A successful candidate will work on active digitization and transformation projects aimed at transforming the site’s nylon 6,6 processes; ensuring Kingston site remains a leader in producing nylon 6,6 fibers for airbag and residential carpet applications, along with polymer flake that is used in engineering polymer markets.
It is an exciting phase in INVISTA’s continued evolution through growth and transformation projects. This position will be a key strategic addition in growing the capability of our global operations to make data driven decisions. This opening is for a 16-month term, starting May 2021 through August 2022.
This isn’t your average internship. We are looking for motivated and talented people who will help us meet the challenge of leading rapid experimentation, pursuing continuous innovation and creating long-term value for customers and society. INVISTA is an independently managed but wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc, one of the largest privately-held companies in the world with a presence in nearly 60 countries.
What will you do in your role.
The specific projects and programs assigned will depend on the background, interests and strengths of the successful candidate, but could include:
- Advance digitization strategies to modernize the site’s manufacturing process. Seek out and apply emerging technologies in sensors, analytics, and vision.
- Analyze data sets to generate knowledge systems that present actionable information that will improve or optimize our asset production processes (this can include material/heat transfer optimization, batch/clave/extruder or other asset production time optimization, mechanical component re-design, amongst others).
- Provide site operations with day-to-day technical support in troubleshooting production processes and support the advancement for capabilities across other teams.
- Utilize designed experiments and data analysis to advance fiber spinning and polymer processes.
- Develop problem statements against prioritized opportunities and embrace the peer challenge process with intellectual honesty to deliver the best solution
- Lead and support ongoing capital or advancement projects/programs on site with an interdisciplinary team.
The experience you will bring.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn how to self-manage effectively in both individual and team-oriented roles.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and show eagerness to engage and learn from field technicians, peers, and our global network.
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate of a University Engineering degree program.
INVISTA is one of the world’s largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon applications. We deliver exceptional value for our customers through market insights, technological innovations, and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks.
Our Guiding Principles – Integrity, Respect, Humility, Knowledge, Self-actualization, Principled Entrepreneurship, Stewardship & Compliance, and Transformation – define the INVISTA culture. If those words are in your DNA, then please submit your resume via the application link.