Global Product Manager
Define and execute the strategy and product development vision for connector systems within the automotive industry. Work interactively with Molex management, engineering, manufacturing and sales to provide customer specific solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner. Responsible for product portfolio creation and expansion, roadmap visualization, P&L and driving customer engagements to execute this vision.
What You Will Do In Your Role
TECHNOLOGY and OPERATIONS Aspects:
- Develop sound points of view on technologies, products, customers, competitors and convert market trends into actionable product line strategies.
- Develop a short-term strategy to capture current market/revenue growth opportunities as well as a 5-10-year strategic vision.
- Own the product roadmap and development opportunities, providing prioritized guidance to the development organization.
- Define, execute and manage pricing strategy, P&L and manufacturing footprint for product portfolio, including compilation of competitive price points to manage future price erosion.
- Responsible for product line transactional activities through daily collaboration with sales, engineering and the manufacturing facilities.
- Manage the product lifecycle and portfolio management activities.
- Interact with manufacturing plants to lead cost reduction efforts, capacity planning and quality improvement initiatives.
SALES & MARKETING Aspects:
- Lead customer segmentation and value chain activities to identify key decision makers and design opportunities.
- Engage with customers in the development of specifications and technical requirements, which can be used to direct the development of new products, product variants or improvements.
- Track and monitor OEM and Tier program launches to support build timing and sample requirements.
- Create and deliver technical product trainings and technical brochures to support the global sales force and customers.
- Develop growth and penetration strategies for underdeveloped customers and markets
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business. MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in Product management.
- 2+ years of relevant sales or business development experience
- 5+ years of experience working with a manufacturing or engineering organization, preference in the automotive industry.
What Will Put You Ahead
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf