Global Category Manager Sand, Dolomite, Limestone (m/f/d)
The Category Manager Sand, Dolomite and Limestone – Is a global position supporting Guardian Industries and will be a leader of the MBM Culture. This individual will champion and develop Category Strategies/Management that lead to a competitive advantage in the supply of glass minerals (Sand, Dolomite, Limestone, etc.). This person will have responsibility for managing ~$200 million in annual spend for 25 globally positioned manufacturing sites. The role is as an individual contributor yet responsible for leading cross functional teams (CFT) and supplier relationship management (SRM). The responsibility is to create and implement category POVs, sourcing strategies, tactics and projects across the regions. The Category Manager would collaborate and work closely with other Guardian Industries functions as well as Koch Industries in order to implement Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) improvement opportunities. The category management goal and objectives are to drive superior value and achieve a competitive advantage for Guardian Industries. This person will report into the Global Sr. Category Manager of Glass Batch.
What you will do in your role
- Connect to the Company`s Vision and understand how SS&P and Sourcing/Category Management creates competitive advantage/superior value
- Continuously align with the Voice of the Customer (VOC) and build preferred partnerships with key constituents
- Build and lead cross functional teams (CFT) to efficiently and effectively support Sourcing/Category Management
- Develop and own the category POVs, BETS and Projects and continuously identify, prioritize and execute with speed, pace and urgency (Personal/process transformation)
- Category and market intel, Data and “best” Knowledge are relentlessly sought, captured, shared, challenged, documented and stored within SharePoint (Knowledge networks)
- Utilize Purchasig, Strategic Sourcing, Category Management, Strategic Category Management, Supplier Management to drive optimal value
- Benchmark within Guardian Industries, within the glass industry, across Koch Industries and across other external industries
- Establish supplier relationships so that both companies are aligned and operating with alignment in cultures and mutual benefit
- Value chains are mapped, walked, understood and challenged (Continuous improvement and innovation)
- Tools, Templates, Models, Experiments, PowerPoint Slides, Spreadsheets, DMF-VS and other forms/formats are continuously developed and improved upon to better articulate key insights (Advancing the Sourcing capability)
- DMF-VS (business case for change) are developed, documented, socialized, challenged and refined so that optionality, risks, key drivers and best total cost of ownership (TCO) recommendations are clearly understood (Deep critical and economic thinking).
- Agreements are negotiated, signed and housed according to record retention and continuously reviewed to ensure they align with ways of working/right expectations.
- Meaningful Metrics/KPIs are developed, updated and proactively shared/communicated
The experience you will bring
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in sourcing, sales, operations, purchasing or engineering.
- Minimum 5 years as supervisor, leadership role, leading teams and influencing decision making
- Experience in negotiations, contracting and/or contract execution
- Ability to work virtually but be able to travel as required (up to 25%)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Depth of experience with mining, manufacturing, operations or supply chain
- Specific knowledge around the glass making process with clear understanding of batch materials (Sand, Dolomite, Limestone)
- Supply chain management and demonstrated application of critical and economic thinking (Total Cost of ownership)
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Operations, Economics, Finance, Supply Chain or Business Management