Regional responsibility for new product development and overall engineering activities as part of the product portfolio and technology roadmap. Responsible for leading engineering staff at multiple design centers within the US including satellite support in India and China. Will also drive and support NPI development and execution globally. Provides overall direction to the engineering function by guiding and coaching engineering projects, setting priorities, delegating workload and developing policies and procedures consistent with divisional and business unit standards.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Direct activities of engineering staff to successfully drive the development of new products and modifications to existing products. Drive and execute new technologies aligned to the needs of the technology roadmap and market needs.
- Responsible for the design verification, qualification and reliability test plan execution for all new products developed
- Drive PDP execution on new products in time-to-market and quality performance vs prior year leveraging and improved an improved approach to collaboration across program management, product engineering, signal integrity and manufacturing integration teams clearly identifying critical customer requirements and milestones.
- Ensures the engineering department supports sales and marketing activities including providing designs, prototypes, and technical presentations in the timeframe which satisfies the customer
- Reviews and approves engineering project/product documentation and engineering analysis for consistency and accuracy. Review and screens product development request for feasibility and completeness.
- Ensures that plant personnel, marketing and other appropriate personnel are notified on product changes, modifications, and extensions.
- Assure we gain and maintain proper Agency approvals on products as required.
- Interfaces with all levels of management to resolve problems and issues that have reached critical level regarding design, quality , etc.
- Drives continuous improvement in the product development process to improve efficiency of time and cost and establishes an environment that encourages creativity and creation.
- Provides technical support to marketing, sales, and outside customers. May be responsible for developing and maintaining customer and supplier technical relationships and for developing and presenting customer presentations.
- Develop a talent management platform intended to drive the most value to the individual and the organization. Hire, train, and coach a regional engineering team and supporting staff. Appraise employee performance in accordance with Molex policies and procedures. Encourage and support positive employee relations, open communication, and teamwork within the work group and with other entities, both internal and external.
- Develops and manages the budget for the engineering area including new product development cost and engineering hours/project.
- Understands, supports, and contributes to Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Quality (ISO 9000-2000), an Environmental Management (ISO 14000) Systems by following approved Policies and procedures.
- Responsible for product patent protection, overseeing filing process and working closely with our patent attorneys.
- Champion the Education of deployment of Market Based Management in the Copper Solutions Business Unit.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor degree in engineering or related technical field
- Ten (10) years Engineering experience
- Five (5) years experience managing a Technical staff and processes
- Strong Computer Skills- 3D Modeling, Spreadsheet, presentation, word processing, database software and statistical analysis software required
- Strong written and oral communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Strong presentation skills to prepare and deliver effective presentations to customers and Molex personnel.
Excellent customer relations skills, must be sensitive to the customer’s needs and show a sense of urgency to address customer issues.
What Will Put You Ahead
- General understanding of basic accounting and business investment justification for preparing quotes and applied cost analysis for customers.
- Knowledge of Design of Experiment and statistical methods and analysis proficiency.
- Design and manufacturing of high speed interconnects including connectors and cable assemblies
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf