Senior Developer, Software
Our Mission is to transform commercial buildings, work spaces, and enterprise real estate into more efficient, inspiring, comfortable, collaborative and productive environment. At Molex Network connected solutions we believe digital, connected and integrated building are necessary to make a strong impact on global sustainability, drastic improvement of people quality of life. We will focus to support enterprise and the entire building industry to accelerate the adoption of digital building technologies and IoT solutions instrumental to generate superior profit in a complex and evolving market. This mission requires fast pace innovation and execution. We are looking for an energy driven, passionate and dedicated senior software engineer to help craft our IoT and Digital building enterprise solution.
Reporting to the SW lead engineer, the role, will have a global charter for existing and new Product Development.
- Test driven development will be your foundation for delivering quality code at source with unit tests, integration tests. You will own the delivery of your code from end-to-end, automating continuous integration and delivery.
- Work with SW lead engineer and SW architect to translate user inputs to software requirements and design specifications.
- Drive integrated communications initiatives with other teams across internal and partner ecosystems
- Act as a key member of the network connected solution team, influencing the overall technical direction of the business unit.
- Work with product and program management, quality assurance and engineering managers to prioritize product features and plan agile sprints.
- B.S. required (M.S.) in computer science or Bachelor's degree in STEM faculties
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including system design specifications.
- Deep understanding in product design phase gate process and implementation.
- Proficiency with the Atlassian product suite including Confluence and Jira
- Knowledge of architectural patterns of a cloud connected embedded systems and distributed IOT architectures
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration, IoT platforms, Containers, APIs and cloud-based solutions.
- In-depth industry experience and working knowledge developing building software products on premise and cloud based
- Able to coordinate across many teams and perform in fast-moving highly technical environment.
- Proven ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
- Deep understanding of networking, protocols, and API architecture.
- Knowledge of Agile software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle.
- Experience in Git
- Experience with a well-known API-development framework. Spring-Boot preferred
- Experience with Micro-service architectures and Docker
- Good understanding of high level software design concept such as:
- Dependency Injection,
- Functional + Object Oriented Programming Styles,
- Concurrent (Asynchronous) programming
- SOLID principles
- Good understanding of HTTP and common API design patterns
- Experience with other protocols such as MQTT or Websockets
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Experience developing build automation in Jenkins, Gitlab, Bitbucket, etc.
- 8+ years of related experience.
- 5 years of experience as Software development for building automation and IoT systems
- Full stack development experience
- Experience of deploying embedded and IoT solutions - from hardware and operating systems through applications and cloud services. Experience in design of HW and/or embedded controls strongly preferred.
- Experience integrating devices at the Edge or Gateway positions in an IoT technology stack.
- Working knowledge and demonstrable experience with programming languages such as C++, Java, Python, etc.
- Experience with IoT protocols (MQTT, CoAP, AMQP)
- Knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, etc). Understanding of networking and security standards.
- Experience with Building Automation protocols (Bacnet, Modbus) preferred
- Experience with containers: Experience with containers (Docker) and orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes, Marathon, Swarm)
- Understanding of security issues in the IoT industry.
- Expertise in developing scalable API's while considering security (authentication and authorization) and privacy best practices, Knowledge and experience with REST API(s)
- Experience in Document Database (CosmosDB/ MongoDB/ Cassandra), proficiency in SQL preferred