Maintenance Multicraft Technician
Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more, visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
We are looking for a Multicraft Maintenance Technician at our DeWitt, IA plant with responsibilities for ensuring that plant equipment and facilities are kept in good electrical/mechanical repair and working order, enabling a continuous production mode.
Starting Pay Rate: Based on experience
401K - 7% Match
Vacation – 120 hours of vacation time
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Safety First Mentality that values risk identification and personal ownership.
- Advance our company culture of Market Based Management.
- Troubleshoot, identify, and perform corrective and preventive maintenance on electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulics systems.
- Use electrical test equipment, as needed, for repair and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment while wearing all required PPE.
- Troubleshoot programmable logic controllers, electronics boards and instrumentation, both pneumatic and electronic.
- Diagnose problems by interpreting and working from engineering drawings, blueprints, schematics, and equipment manufacturer’s literature.
- Demonstrated commitment to compliance and ability to manage risk in a manufacturing environment.
- Perform repairs to a precision state.
- Able to communicate and function within a strong team environment.
- Able to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Training will be provided by our team members to transfer knowledge and skills on critical equipment.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to think quickly and prioritize down-time severity
- Strong customer focus for both internal and external customers
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Ability to troubleshoot root causes and apply long term solutions
- Ability to follow directions and procedures
- Ability to practice diplomacy and tact along with a strong ability/desire to teach and help others.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of (2) years of experience maintaining industrial machinery and equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret machine electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Ability to wear all required PPE for the work. This can include wearing arc flash or hot suits for electrical or mechanical work respectively and respirators as needed.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Willingness to work rotating shifts and potential overtime.
What will put you ahead:
- Allen Bradley PLC and drives troubleshooting and programming experience.
- Strong electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic background
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf