Carrier Communication Specialist
We are looking for a Carrier Communication Specialist that has an aptitude for technology and excited about innovation! KBX Logistics is growing and has an exciting opportunity to join our IT Integration team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop their customer service, technology, reporting and relationship building skills. This position will maintain our carrier relationships with respect to connectivity and innovate our ability to leverage data to create value. This includes monitoring, reporting, testing and ongoing support. You will partner with carriers of all modes (domestic and international) to provide global visibility to our customers. This position can be based out of Green Bay, WI or Wichita, KS.
A successful applicant will have the follow attributes:
- A passion for technology with the ability to quickly learn new software and processes
- Self-starter who possesses a strong initiative
- Exhibit strong problem solving, and decision making in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize day to day and longer-term responsibilities
- Work well in a team environment
- Attention to detail/excellent follow through
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Understanding of connection types and basic logistics knowledge
- Managing the implementation of each Carrier integration
- Analyze the technical capabilities of the carriers and recommend the best connection method for implementation
- Effectively communicate data requirements to the carriers
- Coordinate and facilitate the implementation of the integration
- Complete business testing and successful data validation
- Maintaining the technical operating relationship with each carrier
- Monitor and track the success of the integration
- Proactively follow up with carrier not meeting our expectations and provide internal recommendation for a plan for improvement
- Build relationships to ensure a successful partnership
- Supporting our visibility customers
- Troubleshoot daily issues with each carriers' connection and data output
- Meet with visibility team to discuss connectivity and requirements
- Establish a relationship built on trust with each carrier
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years' experience in a logistics/transportation, technology, or project lead position
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- A basic understanding of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and Application Program Interface (API)
- Vendor or customer facing experience in implementations or integrations
- Experience in sales or other influencing role.
Who is KBX Logistics? KBX Logistics is the true transformer of the 3rd party logistics (3PL) industry. Waste is our enemy; status quo is our nemesis. Our mission? Create a competitive advantage for our partners by delivering logistics technology and solutions that others can’t or simply won’t. If disrupting an industry appeals to you, this company is where you belong.KBX Logistics is the product of over 100 years of evolution and revolution. We got our start as a small transportation team in 1919 and are currently one of the largest 3PLs in the US. With Koch Industries as our parent company, the challenge is to always be thinking bigger and better. We have more than doubled in size over the past 5 years and we’re just getting started!
What is it really like to work here?Imagine being a dynamic start-up with the resources of a top tier private company, all built on the solid foundation of a proven management philosophy. This perfectly describes KBX Logistics! Here, we know culture is key so Market-Based Management® is our North Star. Win or lose, we do it as a team. Each employee plays a pivotal role in our success and without their diverse ideas, challenges, and perspectives, we wouldn’t succeed. With change as the only constant, each of us is on a unique journey where no two career paths look the same. We empower our employees to realize their potential and hold each other accountable along the way.
Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone. Are you ready to get started?
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf