This job posting is no longer active.
Phillips-Medisize, a Molex Company, is seeking an experienced Cost Accountant to support multiple manufacturing facilities regionally.
This role will engage in a diverse and variable scope of responsibilities and experiences, setting them up for future development and advancement. The immediate focus for this role will be heavy in costing and operational analysis and a process development/implementation.
This is an exciting, high impact role that will participate well beyond the boundaries of a typical accountant. While there is a significant amount of work to do to get our systems and processes to a world class state, your opportunities beyond that, to go beyond your plants and beyond this role are wide open. We’re looking forward to speaking with entrepreneurial candidates about joining our team at Phillips-Medisize.
This role will be responsible for Costing and SAP support for multiple facilities across Western and Northern Wisconsin. Travel between these regional sights will provide the requisite level of support but the selected candidate can office out of the Menomonie, Eau Claire, Medford or Phillips locations. This role will report into the Multi-Site Controller. Travel outside of these locations will be less than 10%.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for building and maintaining costing information within SAP
- Engage in ongoing cost accounting activities, reporting and analysis
- Participate in annual overhead and labor rate development
- Lead annual (or more frequent) BOM/Routing updates, as well as material cost standard to accurately reflect manufacturing operations and procurement activities
- Provide ongoing analysis specific to margin attainment and variances
- Support plant level teams in identifying sources of variance and aiding in making necessary adjustments to their costing system to better reflect reality, or stretch goals
- Utilize standards to support financial and operational planning and analysis activities – including capacity and labor planning
- Act as SAP costing and reporting expert, supporting the facility and other users to obtain and understand the information provided
- Participate in diverse analysis and project work supporting the organization and various levels including operations, costing, quoting, business development and FP&A
- Partner with estimating function to accurately understand and calculate the cost associated with new business opportunities
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in an Accounting, Finance or related field
- A minimum of 5 yrs. experience in accounting or finance
What Will Put You Ahead
- Preferred experience in manufacturing
- Intellectually curious with a desire to learn, grow, and develop creative solutions
- Problem-solving, analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Highly agile, with the ability to shift priorities quickly, think creatively, and deal with ambiguity proactively
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
This position does not qualify for VISA sponsorship. In order to comply with U.S. export control laws and regulations, this position requires applicants to either provide proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent resident status or be eligible to receive an export authorization (a license) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.