Engineer 2, Product Design
- New projects development
- Mass production products maintenance
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for connector design programs
- Create concept, sketches, product spec. draft, customer spec review, proposal sales drawing to make sure the design meet customer request including function and application
- Conduct product design review with all related component function to make sure the design has good DFM
- Release formal 3D/2D
- Analysis Ability & Problem Solving
- Prepare and Review FMEA, Tolerance analysis, product test report and FAI report.
- Actively conduct FA with team in design phase Mass production product sustained and maintenance.
- Leads in identifying, defining test procedure, DVP&R for any new product or expansion product
- Leading cross functional team on design review to ensure product design has good DFM
- Leads in technical communication with customers (internal and external) on their requirements, transform the requirements into best design or improvement solutions.
- Assists and provide engineering support to manufacturing engineer, QA, sales, marketing.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Major in mechanical engineering or EE with bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years connector design experience in automotive industry with good sense in innovation.
- Adopt a professional attitude towards work and take responsibility for project or tasks assigned;
- Be familiar with connector design and connector materials – resin and metal, also familiar with connector manufacturing process include stamping, molding, plating, assembly.
- Have good knowledge about quality control method (6sigma/DOE/SPC/CPK/MSA etc.)
- Good planning, coordination, communication and independent analysis, judgment ability on any design or process issue.
- Have good team work ability and have strong willingness to share experience with team
- Good English in writing and reading
What Will Put You Ahead
- University of 985/211 will be preferred
- FEA software
- Oral business English