Quality Manager – San Leandro, CA
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an experienced Quality Manager to join our team In San Leandro, CA. As a member of the plant leadership team, the Quality Manger partners with the operations and commercial teams to ensure we produce and deliver corrugated boxes that meet our customer’s needs.
This role reports directly to the Director of Operations, with potential for advancement both within the plant and across the company. The San Leandro plant is in the east bay of San Francisco with close access to many regional attractions and forms of entertainment. Come join our team!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Foster a quality culture
- Drive zero defects through continuous improvement of people and process controls
- Champion Product Safety/Quality certification programs
- Lead quality process improvements within the facility
- Interface with internal and external customers to assure quality expectations are met
- Lead facility with root cause and corrective action process, providing timely resolutions to customer inquiries, feedback investigations, and corrective actions
- Participate in audit process of other facilities, warehouses, and co-manufacturers.
- Assure vendors are meeting our material specifications.
- Track, monitor and report to leadership on quality performance using statistical techniques
- Be part of the leadership team that drives safety performance within the facility.
- Administer corporate computer systems involving plant floor data collection and customer complaints.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience managing quality and process improvements within a manufacturing or production environment
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience utilizing statistical tools for data analysis
- Minimum of one (1) year root cause analysis and cause mapping experience
- A minimum of one (1) years of experience with third-party quality audits
- Experience with managing third party certifications of quality and product safety systems
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, science related or technical discipline
- One (1) year or more of experience within the Corrugated packaging industry
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Experience with Safe Quality Food (SQF) and /or British Retail Consortium (BRC)
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience within a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf