Koch Specialty Plant Services, LLC has immediate openings for pipefitters for various client sites within the U.S.
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship. Relocation Assistance will not be provided.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Read isometric drawings, take measurements, fabricate and install piping efficiently and without errors.
- Basic knowledge of P&ID's, orthographic drawings, and other piping related drawings.
- Strong knowledge of P&IDs, ISO’s, and orthographic drawings.
- Able to align, bolt, and clamp parts to secure in position for welding.
- Must be able bevel pipe by hand or with a beveling machine.
- General knowledge of flange isolations including blinding, opening, modification, and repair of piping of piping systems.
- Distinguishing varying thickness and types of metal materials.
- Able to position and clamp together components of fabricated metal products to prepare for welding.
- Possess skilled knowledge of pipe fittings, bolts, valves, etc. as required.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment according to specifications by welding and threading joints without errors.
- Manually handling and securely applying rigging equipment.
- Operate tools and equipment including: beveling machines, cut-off grinders, hammers, oxygen acetylene/map gas torches, magnetic drills, and a Saw-Zall.
·Candidates must be able to work long hours and all shift schedules that may require up to twelve hours a day, seven days a week for extended durations.
·Candidates also must be able to work in confined spaces (18-36 inches in diameter) and be capable of climbing ladders, scaffolds, and working at heights.
·Must be able to perform work wearing personal protective equipment including but not limited to rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air purifying respirators, safety harness, FRC coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses, etc.
·Respiratory Protection Fit-Testing and Pulmonary Function Testing is required. Additional examinations, such as a pre-employment physical, hearing, and/or vision test may be required per client guidelines.
·Candidates must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs, unassisted.
·Good manual dexterity for the use of common hand tools, power tools and the ability to navigate around obstacles in a petrochemical environment is necessary.
The Experience You Will Bring
·Must have at least 5 years of journeyman pipefitter experience.
·Able to read and interpret engineering drawings/blueprints, ISO's, P&ID's and can utilize them to identify and properly install associated piping.
·Ability to read, write, and speak in English.
·Must be able to provide your own transportation to job locations throughout the US.
·Must be willing and able to meet all Company and Customer project entry requirements including training, background check, and drug test.
·Must be able to meet all physical and work environment requirements.
·Current TWIC Card.
What Will Put You Ahead
·Previous experience working with mass transfer piping systems.
·Previous experience in a shop environment.
·Previous experience in a heavy industrial construction environment.
·Vocational training is preferred.
·Basic Plus Orientation and Confined Space Training.
·Successful completion of an NCCER craft assessment test.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf