Have you heard? Georgia-Pacific opened a new state-of-the art lumber mill in Albany, Georgia in May 2020. Once fully scaled, this location will produce approximately 350 million board-feet of lumber a year with plans to expand beyond that in the future! This is an exciting opportunity to work in a technologically advanced facility in a world class Market Based Management culture. The mill is hiring an Administrative Analyst to support all areas of the mill in the completion of effective and value-added activities. This is not your typical administrative role. In addition to Operations Support, this role will require you to put your analytical skills to work by diving deep into data and providing recommendations to functional leaders on top items to prioritize.
If you get energy from interacting with others, but also enjoy looking for stories within data, then this is the position for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop value added manufacturing analysis that drives profitable business decisions
- Develop business partnership with customers in area of responsibility and provide department leaders with production information and analysis data as requested
- Creating and dissecting production reports and making recommendations based on trends
- Obtain a comprehensive working knowledge of the operational process, in order to provide effective analytics and recommendations that drive value.
- Acting as liaison between facility, employees, and vendors, such as office supply, uniform, coffee supply and snack vendors
- Inputting data into maintenance optimization system
- Answering employees' general questions or pointing them to correct venue for answer
- Providing assistance to various functional groups (EHS, HR, Accounting, Operations, Maintenance, Stores, etc.) as requested.
- Model MBM Culture for other employees
- Greeting and dispositioning facility guests
- Coordinating room usage and ordering meals for onsite meetings as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- Completion of High School Diploma or GED
- Three (3) years experience in a fast-paced environment supporting multiple departments
- Two (2) or more years accounting or financial analysis experience
- Previous experience pulling reports out of databases
- Microsoft Excel experience that includes utilizing pivot tables, formulas, charting and graphing, and other data analysis tools
- Previous experience organizing and/or creating visual representations (reports, slide shows, etc.) of data
- Previous experience organizing complex data, presenting/articulating that data to others, and making recommendations on improvement opportunities based on that data.
- Intermediate user of other Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Completing projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree in Business-related field
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf