Maintenance Planner / Scheduler
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Maintenance Planner for its Oriented Strand Board (OSB) plant in Gladys, VA. The role of the Maintenance Planner is to improve work force productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, scheduling, and coordination of maintenance resources, parts, materials, and equipment access.
This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor. Responsibilities include planning and coordination of all maintenance activities performed at the site, including day-to-day planning, down day planning and annual outage planning. All Georgia-Pacific employees are expected to demonstrate conduct consistent with our Market-Based Management (MBM®) philosophy – including Integrity, Stewardship & Compliance, and Respect.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- The Maintenance Planner assists Production with balancing their needs for runtime requirements and equipment reliability by identifying pro-active maintenance solutions.
- Responsible for long-range as well as short-range planning. Long-range planning involves the regular analysis of backlog relative to available resources. Short-range planning is planning for more pressing jobs.
- Planning and scheduling for shutdowns (major and minor), utilizing tools such as Gantt charts (Microsoft Project), Critical Path Analysis, and resource leveling.
- Development of Planner reference systems including a file of Planned Job Packages for recurring jobs, standard job tasks plus labor and material libraries for each piece of equipment.
- Ensure Work Orders are meaningful, accurate and valid historical data is captured in Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Track and report on functional metrics
- Create Bills of Materials (parts lists) for assets
- Keeps the Maintenance Supervisor informed of abnormal or critical situations and seeks advice on matters outside the Planner's knowledge or authority.
- Effectively managing relationships with key stakeholders, including Maintenance and Production Team Leaders, Reliability Coordinators, and Operations Leadership.
- Demonstrates high initiative, attention to detail, and ability to work safely and efficiently as a team and independently.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Experience with a computer maintenance management system (CMMS) such as MP2 , SAP, or JD Edwards.
- Willing and able to become CPR certified and First-Aid trained.
- Willing and able to work from heights and in confined spaces.
- Willing and able to work in a tobacco free environment.
- Willing and able to work any shift, which may include weekends, holidays, and Overtime.
- Willing and able to wear necessary Personal Protective Equipment (i.e. hard hat, safety glasses, face shields, ear plugs, steel-toe boots, and other job-specific PPE).
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, and pushing/pulling for at least twelve hours a day.
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Prior experience in Maintenance Planning role in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Associates degree or higher in Business or Technical field.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf