Reliability Manager – Augusta, GA
Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking a pro-active, results oriented Reliability Manager for our corrugated box facility in Augusta, GA. The Reliability Manager is responsible for improving a facility’s manufacturing performance by reducing machine downtime and unscheduled maintenance through improved equipment reliability. The candidate will lead and support preventative and predictive maintenance programs and provide technical support for troubleshooting to minimize downtime and maximize process efficiencies. Productivity improvements are also expected as a result of utilizing process tools and knowledge of system capability. Specifically, the program focuses on value creation measured by improved equipment reliability to maximize manufacturing productivity.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction to the facility’s departments to ensure the team is meeting the objectives in safety, reliability, quality, cost, and customer service. Help employees understand who their customers are and how their work directly impacts spending and profits/loses.
Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Leading through example to prioritize employees’ health and safety.
- Demonstrating strong leadership skills and habits of “best practice”.
- Demonstrating effective planning and execution skills focused toward plant reliability.
- Working with operations leaders to ensure equipment/asset availability that will best meet customer requirements.
- Developing business relationships and be a strategic part of the plant leadership team.
- Partnering closely with Operations leadership to advance plant results.
- Accountability for employee and organizational development plans and people management strategies.
- Demonstrating functional leadership skills to engage a workforce with a diverse background of knowledge & experience.
- Fostering and developing culture based on our Market Based Management (MBM®) Philosophy.
- Demonstrating strong functional knowledge of maintaining equipment used in the manufacturing process.
- Developing and implementing a predictive and preventive maintenance strategy. Assessing mechanic performance.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a maintenance field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of supervisory/management experience.
- Experience leading improvement efforts in reliability, predictive and preventative maintenance.
- Technical experience with electrical and mechanical skills capable of assessing machine conditions.
- Experience in word processing, spreadsheet, database, and graphics (such as MS Office applications) in order to store, organize and analyze department data as well as generate communication documents.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience within the corrugated packaging industry
- Experience leading root cause failure analysis
- 5+ years of Industrial electrical experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf