OPERATOR II- Multi Use Operator (Sawmill)
Multi- Use Operators, Warrenton GA
Georgia-Pacific has a brand-new state-of-the art lumber mill in Warrenton, GA that has replaced our old mill.
We are currently looking for a few motivated and skilled individuals to join our team of Multi-Use Operators. Multi-Use Operators will bring value to the organization by operating and evaluating high functioning lumber machinery. If you are skilled as a Strapper Operator, Forklift Operator, Kilns Operator, Trimmer Operator, Relief Operator, or Planer Feeder, safety-oriented with a commitment to attendance excellence, please see more details below. We look forward to hearing from you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Learning to run Lumber equipment until you can run at assigned production levels
- Performing preventative maintenance
- Performing minor repairs to ensure machine reliability and escalate machine maintenance needs appropriately
- Contributing to a team environment by cross training and filling in for other operators as needed performing general housekeeping duties to aid in keeping machinery functioning properly, to reduce hazards, and maintain the appearance of the plant
- Operate planer and optimize process performance including set up and alignment
- Monitor planer performance including safely maximizing up time, production flow and product quality
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of two (2) or more years of work experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- A minimum of one (1) year safely operating machinery or industrial equipment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, e.g. safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots, and other PPE as required by specific jobs
- The ability to successfully use a computer without assistance to complete assigned tasks
- The ability to read and comprehend written instructions as required to complete assigned tasks
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting up to 50 lbs, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and /or pulling for up to 12 hours a day
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks including lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Ability to follow procedures for Quality Process Checks within Mill.
- Ability to adhere to a structured quality schedule to ensure the mill runs smoothly and produces quality products.
- Ability to work well on a team and communicate amongst teammates, production, and or supervisor when issues arise that need to be addressed.
- Must be available and willing to work additional days or stay late if calibrations or additional quality checks are deemed necessary.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience operating and interpreting HMI monitors in a manufacturing environment
- Experience troubleshooting equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with lumber or wood products
- Experience performing machine maintenance Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Experience troubleshooting in a manufacturing environment
- Have a solid understanding of Mill process with the ability to troubleshoot lumber quality issues and make appropriate recommendations to operations team.
- Ability to understand machine centers and make necessary and appropriate offsets/adjustments to improve quality.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf