DescriptionYou Know Molex...
You may not see our name on the shelves, but our electronic solutions are inside the products you use every day. We work together with the world’s innovators to design and manufacture electronic solutions that solve complex technical challenges.
In the Connected Mobility Business Unit, we are at the forefront of the connected car movement.From innovative products like high speed USB and LVDS signaling to mini-coax and 25Gb+ Ethernet solutions, we design and manufacture products that enable flawless data transfer within the next generation of autonomous and connected vehicles.
In this role you will have the opportunity to lead the design engineering of new and existing connector and terminal products from concept to production.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Leads development efforts in new connectors, terminals and cables for high speed data transmission used in autonomous vehicles and automotive infotainment systems.
Perform gap analysis of customer requirements against Molex’s product requirements and conduct cross-functional risk assessment (e.g. DFMEA, DRBFM, etc.) to develop and execute on a project.
- Responsible for design/product validation plan and report.
- Review requirements, risk assessment and project planning with customers and Molex product development team.Prepare presentation material for design reviews and customer meetings.
- Follow all Product Development Phases required to bring concepts into production and continually improve the product and process.
- Prepares and follows engineering change requests (ECR) per document control procedures.Supports other engineers in department by checking drawings and provides mark-up for corrections.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- One or more years of design and product development experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Design for Manufacturing/Assembly (DFM/DFA) Experience
- Problem solving skills using systematic tools (8D, fishbone, cause/effect diagrams)
- Knowledge of the Product development process
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills; experience with spreadsheets, presentation and Microsoft Office
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to others
- CAD skills (2D and 3D)
- Knowledge of GD&T, tolerance studies, statistical analysis and FEA
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf